A Quick Guide - 6 Months Old Sleep Routine
For those that wonder what a 6 month-old sleep routine should look like, here is an example of an ideal/approximate sleep routine for a 6 month-old baby.
WAKE UP TIME
· Wake – between 6 am and 7:30 am
· Milk feed on waking and then play
· Solids around 40 minutes after milk, doesn’t have to be specific
· 1hr 30 mins to 1h 45m after waking This nap should be more than one sleep cycle (longer than 1 hour)
· Offer a feed, play and solids if/as required, depending on how many solids your little one is on per day
· 1h 45m to 2 hours later Again nap two should be more than a single cycle (longer than 1 hour)
· Feed then play
· Solids if this is a time you typically offer them
· Approximately 2hr to 2.5 hours later This nap generally tends to be a single cycle nap and that’s totally fine
· You can either offer milk on waking or hold off milk and do solids, then around 40 minutes before bed is due. I would offer milk, then bath, book and bed. Bedtime should fall around 1.5 hours after last nap. Can be anything between 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
If you would like more personalised advice about your little ones sleep, you can contact me to make an appointment to work together.